Design2Train is an experienced, award-winning instructional design company founded in 2001, based in The Woodlands, TX (just north of Houston). V. Karen Miller, M.Ed. is the Founder and CEO. Our US based team of consultants create all phases (design, development, and deployment) of training including writing, video production, editing and WP site development.
Karen serves as the senior instructional designer and project manager on all projects. She has over 25 years experience in training development and marketing for high tech corporations. She is a third-generation teacher with a passion for teaching with technology. View her resume.
We specialize in all types of web-based training: eLearning, webinars, mobile apps and WordPress websites with LMS plugins. We invest in over 250 hours of professional development training sessions yearly on the latest web-based tools and techniques.
Design2Train is a certified woman-owned business (WOSB | Texas HUB) serving as a prime and subcontractor to corporate and public agency clients nationwide. Over 90% of our clients are referrals and most projects are completed virtually with out-of-state clients.
Graduating from Texas A&M University, College Station (’86) was a dream come true for Karen since she had visited the campus many times in high school for State 4-H Horse Judging competition. Karen has put her Master’s degree in Educational Technology to good use as a online community builder, adjunct professor and instructional designer / project manager.
Karen is married to Scott Miller. They have four grown children, a precious grandson Mack and three dog-ters. They attend Lakewood Church in Houston.
Other technology projects Karen has created include:
- BizExpo24.com: Virtual Conference Center / Exhibit Hall featuring a platform for speakers, coaches and authors
- The 8a Mentor / 8a Network; Since 2005 Karen has assisted hundreds of small business owners across the nation to be awarded their SBA 8(a) certification.
- MyWellnessLifeCoach.com: Online community for health and wellness coaches
Coming Soon – Summer 2017
- BuildaWebinar.com – Learn how to create an effective webinar and gain confidence in hosting skills. This is targeted to speakers, authors coaches and network marketers wanting to increase their online presence
- PPT2Go.com and WBT2Go.com : Learn how to create effective Powerpoint and web-based training development skills. This is targeted to speakers, authors coaches and network marketers wanting to increase their online presence.